Founded in 1991
Founded in 1991 and launched in 1994 by Dr. Gianna Talone Sullivan in response to a life-changing divine call, Mission of Mercy is an independent nonprofit 501 (c)(3), faith-based community organization dedicated to providing “Healing through Love”.
We call on the experience of active and retired licensed healthcare professionals who volunteer their time to provide free medical and dental services and prescription medications to the uninsured working poor, homeless and economically disadvantaged people of Arizona, Maryland, Pennsylvania and Texas.
The services provided at our 14 health clinics are provided regardless of race, color, creed, national origin or religion. All services are free and no fees are charged. No one is denied service because of their inability to pay.
At Mission of Mercy, we have six main objectives:
- To restore dignity to the sick, poor, and homeless by providing free medical, dental and pharmaceutical services and by acting as an instrument of “Healing through Love.”
- To serve as a catalyst for change in the healthcare community and to inspire others to improve the way they serve.
- To educate our patients about healthcare and to empower them to care for themselves.
- To provide free healthcare to the uninsured working poor so they can remain healthy, self-sufficient and able to work.
- To provide healthcare to those moving off of the welfare system and into work.
- To provide healthcare to the economically disadvantaged that are in transition from being recently unemployed to seeking new employment.
What is Mission of Mercy’s Strategic Direction?
How many people does Mission of Mercy serve each year? In summary, we:
- Provide over 27,000 medical and 1,000 dental patient visits annually.
Mission of Mercy has provided nearly 500,000 patient visits since 1994.
- Over 38,000 free prescription medications annually.
Mission of Mercy has dispensed nearly 800,000 free prescription medications since 1994.
VIEW or DOWNLOAD our recent Summary of Services:
- Summary of Services (as of December 31, 2018)