Mission of Mercy clinics are set up similar to a private primary care physician’s office. We seek to provide continuity of care for our patients, not just emergency or screening services. We are fully equipped to diagnose and treat conditions ranging from acute to chronic illnesses. Like primary care physicians, Mission of Mercy doctors can provide basic care or specialty needs, including:
- Skin conditions
- Prescription Medications
In addition, these diagnostic services are offered on site:
- Blood Pressure
- Finger Stick Blood Glucose, Cholesterol and A.C.
- Urine Dipstick Analysis
- Urine Pregnancy Tests
- Fecal Occult Blood
- Oxygen Saturation
- Urine Drug Screen (12-panel)
- Saliva Alcohol Testing
Additional diagnostic services, including blood work, MRIs, X-rays and more, are provided at no charge to Mission of Mercy patients, via our generous community partners.
More than 70 percent of our patients have one or more chronic illness and depend on Mission of Mercy for long term care. Upon diagnosis of a chronic condition, we schedule regular appointments for the patient so we can effectively monitor their conditions and provide an ongoing supply of needed prescription medications.
The most common chronic illnesses treated at our clinics are:
- Joint Pain/Bursitis, Tendinitis
- Behavioral Health
- Psychiatric Disorders
- Lung Disease
- Thyroid Disorder
- Chronic/Uncontrolled Pain
- According to the American Hospital Association’s Medical Expenditure Panel Survey, the national average cost of an emergency room visit is $1,349. For that amount, Mission of Mercy can see 15 patients.
- For every $1 spent on a mobile health clinic like Mission of Mercy, the return on investment to the community is $12.