We have the BEST volunteers at Mission of Mercy! With over 100 active volunteers, we cannot accomplish our mission without you! Thank you for your time and compassion for our patients.
An in-person clinic tour and online screening is required for every volunteer.
Current *HOT* opportunities:
- We are in GREAT NEED of volunteer drivers to operate our mobile medical unit RV. Valid driver license and MVD record check required.
- Interpreters are needed at our Avondale and Chandler clinics.
Clinic Set-Up – Chandler, Mesa, and Phoenix Clinics
The ideal candidate(s) would be:
1. Able to assist with clinic set-up from 5:30-6:30 AM at various clinic sites (on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays)
2. Able to lift at least 30 lbs.
3. Available to commit to 4+ hours per week.
4. Able to fill in to drive the RV as needed.
Spanish-English Interpreter – Avondale, Chandler, Maryvale, and Phoenix Clinics
- Interpreters help our Limited-English-Proficient patients and the medical and clinic staff and volunteers communicate with each other.
- The goal of the interpreter is to have people hear the interpretation as if it were the original.
- Must be sensitive to patients’ personal circumstances and culture as well as be able to maintain confidentiality and ethical standards.
- A language screening is required.
- Nursing volunteers work in collaboration with the clinic physicians to see patients as efficiently as possible and to provide nursing care.
- Duties include obtaining vital signs, patient health history, basic laboratory procedures, and patient education.
- Nurses maintain complete documentation in the patient medical record and have a current nursing license or previously have been a Registered Nurse.
Community Outreach Events
- Volunteers are needed who can attend community Health Fairs to represent Mission of Mercy by creating community awareness of our services and clinic sites.
- Verbal engagement with the public is required, and training is provided.
- Being bilingual is preferred.
Medical RV Driver *HIGH NEED*
- Driver for our Medical RV.
- Duties include picking up the RV from the Franciscan Renewal Center and driving the RV to our Phoenix or Mesa Clinics.
- At the end of the day, the RV is to be returned to the place of pickup.
- Valid driver license and MVD record check required.
Volunteer Photographers are needed to take photos at MOM events and at the clinic sites.
Administrative duties may include: data entry of volunteer registration information, making phone calls, writing thank you notes, mailing out information, filing, compiling organizational packets/resources, etc.
Interested in Volunteering?
Contact Shoshana Simones at 602.861.2233 or email email@example.com